Mayor Amy Bublak
Term Seated: 12/09/08
Amy Bublak was elected on November 6, 2018, to a four-year term as the 23rd Mayor of Turlock. City residents made history by electing Turlock’s first retired police officer and female as their Mayor.
Since her election as Mayor on November 6, 2018, Amy Bublak has:
- Delivered two balanced budgets passed unanimously with her City Council colleagues.
- Reduced the cost of the Stanislaus Surface Water project by over $78 million assuring Turlock families safe, affordable drinking water.
- Secured a Federal COPS grant to add four new police officers to the TurlockPolice Department.
- Worked with her City Council colleagues to change City road repair policy to repair local roads in the 2020 fiscal year.
- Worked with the business community to bring additional jobs to Turlock with the expansion of the Blue Diamond plant along with opening several new local businesses.
- Collaborated with Jeremy Levins, SFC, US Army, and local producer Michael Everett to create a Turlock theme song, Best of the Earth; Best of Each Other.
- Stopping massive water rate hikes and finding a more viable long-term alternative.
- Balancing Turlock’s budget.
- Development & recruitment of more high-quality local jobs.
- Finding ways to fix our local roads.
- Establishing a customer service center for residents that reports results to the public.
Amy was first elected to the Turlock City Council in the fall of 2008 and has always based decisions upon wide input from Turlock residents, affected parties, City Staff, City employees, and colleagues. When applicable, her personal experiences from decades in law enforcement also inform her decisions. As Mayor, Amy continues to take pride in conducting all City business in a transparent manner and solely in the best interests for the people of Turlock.
Mayor Bublak believes in a “balanced-budget” fiscal policy where budget priorities are discussed transparently and financial resources are allocated in the best interest of all Turlock residents.
A retired law enforcement officer with over two decades of service, Mayor Bublak will always strive to keep Turlock residents safe by prioritizing funding for public safety as that is local government’s first duty and solemn obligation to its citizens.
As Chair of the Council Economic Development Committee, Amy will continue to work to create a business-friendly environment that enhances the quality of life for Turlock City residents.
Amy is married to former CSU Stanislaus Athletic Director Dr. Milton Richards. Amy is a 1988 graduate of the CSU Stanislaus Sociology and Criminal Justice programs and has lived in Turlock for over thirty years. While at CSU Stanislaus, Amy was twice elected student body President and earned NCAA All American honors as a member of the Track and Field team. In the fall of 2001, Amy was inducted into the CSU Stanislaus Athletics Hall of Fame and in 2005 earned a Masters of Public Administration degree (M.P.A) in Urban Government from San Francisco State University.
In 2019, Mayor Amy Bublak was appointed to the Social Problems Working Group, a subcommittee of the Commission on Law Enforcement and Administration of Justice. The group was launched in January following an executive order from President Trump.
Amy’s past community service includes: serving three terms as a Member of the Turlock City Council, appointments as Vice Mayor Turlock (3 terms), and a City representative on Stanislaus Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), including a stint as chairperson. Amy also served as President of the Stanislaus County Red Cross and in 2016 became a member of the California Women for Agriculture Association (CWA), where in 2018 she was appointed CWA Federal, State Legislation Director.